Becoming a registered educator with Taree Great Lakes Gloucester Five Star Family Day care
Family Day Care is a quality approved education and care service. The service is regulated by Education and Care Services National Regulations under the Education and Care Services National Law.
The service is licensed to register educators who provide an education and care service for children ranging in ages from 6 weeks up to 13 years in approved residence and or venue.
Educators are permitted to care for a maximum of 7 children at any time with no more than 4 children who have not yet started school.
Family Day Care is approved for families to register with Family Assistance Office to receive Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate to assist families with their cost of childcare.
The Australian government provides financial assistance for Family Day Care under the Community Support Program.
What a registered educator role is;
The role of an educator is to offer to families and their children a high quality education and care service.
Registered educators are self employed, so you would be setting up a business to operate Family Day Care, with this comes responsibility to your self and for others.
It is the role of the educator to ensure children are safe, provided with an environment so that they can be engaged to develop a strong sense of identity, well being and a sense of belonging. Educators are to value partnerships with children, families, communities and the service and respect peoples diversity.
The educator needs to provide practices that reflect legislative requirements in their daily practice.
· registered educators will be required to hold minimum child care qualification (Cert 111 Child Care)
· hold a current approved Frist Aid Certificate which includes Anaphylaxis management and Emergency Asthma management
· Update CPR every 12 months
·Provide evidence of having 2x Covid-19 vaccinations as required by NSW Government Public Health order 2021
· obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN)
· take insurance to cover the business for Public Liability
· ensure your business residence is not restricted due to Bushfire Zones. This is a requirement under the NSW State Government Act zoning for Family Day Care
· meet all legislative requirements
· provide a ‘Working with Children Check’ clearance for yourself and all household members 18 years and over
Benefits to becoming an educator
· work in early childhood sector
· operate your own business
· Work flexible hours and days to suit your family's needs
· be supported by a team of professionals with many years experience
· earn an income
· work from home
· have access to training to further develop your skills
· join a dynamic team of educators
· have access to resources
The Family Day Care service employs support staff to work with the nominated supervisor who also must hold approved early childhood qualification who are employed to support the nominated supervisor to;
· support families in their decision to register their children for child care
· support those people who wish to become registered educators with the service to assist them to meet registration requirements
· assist with the development of policies
· assist with regular home visits to support and resource educators in their provision of education and care service
· guide educational practice and beliefs
· provide opportunities for educators to access and or attend training relevant to the industry
The service also employs administration staff who are responsible for weekly processing of children’s attendance records on your behalf.
If you are interested in please phone Katie or Julie for more information and to discuss the next step in the process.